Get A Quote

What is Wedding Planner’s Insurance & what does it cover?

Home » Wedding Planner & Party Planner Insurance » What is Wedding Planner’s Insurance & what does it cover?

For most people, their wedding day is one of the most memorable days in their lives. And for this reason, many people entrust the planning of that special day to a wedding planner, to make sure that their special day runs smoothly.

But despite the fact that most weddings do, indeed, go smoothly, even the most meticulously planned wedding can go wrong. For this reason, it’s important that those in the occupation are adequately insured with wedding planners insurance to protect them when the unexpected happens.

The main type of insurance that a wedding planner needs is public liability insurance. There are also some types of insurance that you’re legally required to have if you meet certain criteria, and a number of other types of insurance that are worth considering.

Financial Strength

Insurance provided by a Standard & Poor's 'A+ Stable' rated insurer

Public & products liability insurance

Wedding planners come into contact with members of the public more frequently than many other businesses, so there’s a greater risk of a member of the public claiming compensation if they’re injured or have their property damaged. Also, if they supply products as part of the weddings they plan, a defect in those products could cause an injury or property damage. And because they often arrange weddings in stately homes and hotel venues, the chance of a wedding planner causing serious property damage is increased.

Public and products liability insurance covers such compensation claims. They also cover the legal defence costs associated with such claims. The standard indemnity limit is £1,000,000 but due to the large numbers of people at a wedding, and the fact that the buildings that host weddings can be worth a lot of money, it’s worth paying an additional premium to increase that limit.

Included alongside public liability insurance, legal expenses cover is another cover you’ll definitely want on your side. It covers the legal costs you could incur in the event of legal action, such as being taken to an employment tribunal, handling a dispute with a customer of dealing with a tax/VAT investigation.

Employer’s liability insurance

If you employ anyone, you’re legally required to have employer’s liability insurance. This protects you if an employee claims compensation from you because they allege that you have caused them to be injured at work, and proof of your employer’s liability should be hung up somewhere where your employees can see it.

Other types of insurance

You should consider insuring your business premises and equipment against accidental damage or loss due to theft. This means that if the worst happened, your property would be repaired or replaced quickly.

Personal accident and sickness insurance is also important. This replaces your lost income if you are off work due to being ill or having been injured. It pays a weekly benefit while you are unable to work, or a lump sum if you won’t be able to return to work.

VanSaver - Van insurance from leading insurers - Compare Quotes. £50 from me to you. Refer a friend.
*This indicative price is for £1m public and products liability, £250,000 legal expenses, £10,000 financial loss and £10,000 accidental death insurance cover for a sole trader. The price includes insurance premium tax but excludes our admin charge. 19% of new customers paid less than £59 between 1st January 2021 and 28th February 2021. The actual price you pay will depend upon your specific business requirements and will be affected by your trade, your claims history and the optional covers you select which are all priced separately during the quote process. This website is intended for customers based in the UK and is therefore subject to the UK regulatory regime(s) © Copyright 2022 Tradesman Saver | Tradesman Saver and Henry Seymour & Co. are trading names of Barkdene Limited which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FRN 303965) for our insurance distribution and credit broking activities. Barkdene Limited is a credit broker not a lender. You can check this on the Financial Services register.
Registered in England No 1842617. Registered Office – Chancery House, St Nicholas Way, Sutton, Surrey, SM1 1JB. All rights reserved.
You need to be logged in to Your Account to make a payment. Redirecting you to Account Login.