What is Sign Erector’s Insurance?

What is Sign Erector’s Insurance?


All sign erectors know that they need sign erector’s insurance but many of them do not know how it works and what it covers. When your trade speciality is sign erection, you ideally need a policy from an insurance company that specialises in your industry.In this article, we’ll explore the basics of this type of insurance and the covers that it typically includes.

What does it cover?

The core covers in any sign erector’s insurance policy are public liability insurance and products liability insurance. Both of these covers offer protection if a compensation claim is made against you, or your business, by a member of the public who alleges that something you have done, or a product that you have sold or supplied, has injured them or damaged their property.

UK-based call centre

Caring and knowledgeable staff ready to assist you
Get a Quote

Another cover that is sometimes offered is legal expenses insurance. Legal expenses cover can help in situations where claims have to be fought in court, as well as assisting with things like employment disputes, defence or prosecutions, property disputes, representation for compliance and regulatory matters, and even tax investigations and VAT appeals. However, not all companies that offer insurance for sign erectors include legal expenses as standard, so be sure to check that the insurance company you’re thinking of taking out the policy with has offers this as an automatic cover.

There are also a number of optional additional covers that can be added if required.

Employer’s liability insurance

Employer’s liability insurance is a bit like public liability insurance in the sense that it protects you against compensation claims that have been made against you. However, unlike public liability insurance, employer’s liability insurance protects you against compensation claims made by your employees, rather than claims made by members of the public.

Employer’s liability insurance is required by law if you employ anyone, even if you are only employing people on a casual basis.

Cover for property

Most insurance policies for sign erectors can be extended to cover accidental damage to your property or loss of your property due to theft. Covers can include:

Personal accident & sickness insurance

If you are unable to work due to an injury or illness you will lose income. Personal accident and sickness insurance can replace that lost income. It pays a weekly amount if you are only temporarily incapacitated, or a lump sum if you will only be unable to work permanently.

Motor Insurance

Motor insurance is another type of insurance that is required by law if you use a vehicle, whether that vehicle is a car or a van.

There are two types of motor insurance. Comprehensive cover includes cover for damage to or the theft of your own vehicles, as well as damage to other people’s vehicles, whereas the cheaper third-party fire and theft cover only covers damage to your own vehicles if that damage was caused by an accidental fire.

Get a Quote