What Insurance do Satellite Dish Installers need?


Businesses face risks. There’s the risk of your tools, materials and other property being stolen. A compensation claim may be made against you. You may incur additional costs or lose income if you’re unable to work through injury or illness.

You can’t stop this sort of thing from happening, but you can prevent such incidents from causing serious financial issues for your business by taking out a specific satellite dish installer’s insurance policy.

So, what is covered in insurance for a satellite dish installer?

Property insurance

No matter how careful you are and no matter how much security you have, all businesses run the risk of their property being accidentally damaged or stolen. You should make sure you have property insurance covering your:

Liability insurance

Liability insurance protects you if someone makes a compensation claim against you because they allege that you’re responsible for them being injured or their property being damaged.

Employer’s liability insurance covers you against compensation claims made by your employees. If you employ anyone, employer’s liability insurance is a legal requirement.

Financial Strength

Insurance provided by a Standard & Poor's 'A+ Stable' rated insurer
Get a Quote

Public liability insurance covers you against compensation claims made by third parties. It usually includes products liability insurance, which covers you against claims for injuries and damage caused by defects in products that you have sold or supplied. You should check that your public and products liability insurance includes a financial loss extension because some policies exclude cover for claims involving purely economic losses.

Liability insurance is important for satellite dish installers because this trade often involves working at height. Working at height increases the risk of falling or dropping something onto someone or their property. If this happens, it can potentially lead to very serious compensation claims being made against you. Some compensation claims can cost in excess of £250,000.

Personal accident & sickness insurance

If you are injured or become ill, you might not be able to work until you recover and when you are self-employed, this means you cannot earn money.

Personal accident and sickness insurance pays a weekly benefit if you find yourself in this situation, which means that you don’t have to worry about how you are going to pay your bills. If your injury or illness means you will never be able to return to work, personal accident and sickness insurance pays a lump sum.

Motor insurance

Motor insurance is a legal requirement if you use your vehicle in a place that the public can access. If you are caught driving an uninsured vehicle you could face a heavy fine, the endorsement or suspension of your driving licence, or even the confiscation of your vehicle.

Comprehensive motor insurance covers damage to your own vehicle, as well as other damage to people’s vehicles that you have caused. Third party, fire and theft motor insurance is cheaper, but only covers damage to your vehicle if the damage was caused by fire or theft.

Legal expenses insurance

If you find yourself involved in legal action, the legal costs can be expensive. Legal expenses insurance covers the costs incurred from a number of different types of legal action, including:

  • Criminal charges
  • Neighbour/client disputes
  • Employment tribunals
  • Tax/VAT inspections

It’s definitely worth considering getting legal expenses insurance as part of your satellite dish installer’s insurance, in order to make sure you’re covered in the event of legal action.

Our Reviews

4.9 / 5 Based on 1803 Reviews
Read all reviews »
*This indicative price is for £1m public and products liability, £250,000 legal expenses, £10,000 financial loss and £10,000 accidental death insurance cover for a sole trader. The price includes insurance premium tax and our admin charge. 22% of new customers paid less than £59 between 1st January 2019 and 31st August 2019. The actual price you pay will depend upon your specific business requirements and will be affected by your trade, your claims history and the optional covers you select which are all priced separately during the quote process. This website is intended for customers based in the UK and is therefore subject to the UK regulatory regime(s) © Copyright 2021 Tradesman Saver | Tradesman Saver and Henry Seymour & Co. are trading names of Barkdene Limited which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FRN 303965) for our insurance distribution and credit broking activities. Barkdene Limited is a credit broker not a lender. You can check this on the Financial Services register https://register.fca.org.uk/.
Registered in England No 1842617. Registered Office – Chancery House, St Nicholas Way, Sutton, Surrey, SM1 1JB. All rights reserved.
Get a Quote