Get A Quote

Personal Accident Insurance

Protect your business if you or an employee suffer a permanent injury

Not on comparison sites — save money by coming direct to us

Quick Online Quote
Home » Personal Accident & Sickness Insurance

Tradesman Saver’s Personal Accident Cover

Our standard cover is:

  • Up to £5 million cover for public and products liability
  • £10,000 cover for any financial loss (£50K cover optional)
  • Worldwide liability cover for temporary work abroad for up to 14 days (excluding the USA and Canada)

You’re covered by Tradesman Saver as soon as you purchase your policy at one fixed cost. As our accident insurance operates on a 24-hour, worldwide basis, you will be protected wherever and whenever an accident occurs. However, you and your employees are not covered if an injury is sustained due to a hazardous pursuit, deliberate self-harm, drug or alcohol use, or a criminal act.  

Personal accident insurance is one of our optional covers, but our automatic cover package also offers cover against accidental death, which provides a lump sum payment if you or any of your employees are killed in a sudden, unexpected event. Our standard policy also includes public liability insurance, which covers you against any claims made if your business activities injure a customer or member of the public, and products liability, protecting you if any injuries are caused by one of your products. In addition, you’re also covered for financial losses inflicted on a third party, and legal expenses of up to £250,000. 

To provide your business with the most comprehensive protection against potentially disastrous circumstances, you may want to take out personal accident insurance on top of our five-part automatic package. Injuries you’re covered for include major fractures, burns, the loss of limbs and senses, dislocation, and disability, as well as any hospital stays which last longer than 24 hours. Depending on the severity of your situation, you could be entitled to receive a lump sum of up to £200,000. 

Please note that personal accident insurance is an optional cover that you can add to your policy alongside cover for your public liability.

Get a Quote

What’s included with our Automatic Cover

Van Insurance New Quote Continue Quote

What is personal accident insurance?

Personal accident insurance form Tradesman Saver provides our customers with the financial support they need if they have sustained serious harm to themselves – even if not at work when the accident occurred.

If you run a company, and find yourself – or any covered member of staff – suffering an injury which leaves you no longer able to oversee its day to day affairs and consequently let down your customers – this could be disastrous for your business. Should you find yourself in this situation, Tradesman Saver can give you a lump sum payment to help cover business costs and replace any lost income. This also applies to anyone else employed by your business (if you add them to this policy), meaning you’re covered if your injuries leave any team members unable to work.

Why do you need personal accident insurance?

Personal accident insurance protects you as a result of any injuries sustained both inside and outside of the workplace, such as injury caused by violence, traffic accidents, and slips or trips. With this all-important cover, in the event of injury, a payment from your personal accident insurance policy can help your business continue to trade by funding things like retraining, recruitment, and medical expenses, as well as any personal costs you’d struggle to pay without money coming in. This keeps your business safe even if you or another key member of your team are left out of action. 

Unlike public liability, personal accident insurance is not an automatic cover, it is an optional extension under all Tradesman Saver policies.

Get a Quote

Chosen by over 5000 businesses and counting *

Online & Anywhere

We like to keep things simple. Your quote, purchase and documents are all available online, anytime.

Monthly Instalments

Cashflow is important to every business. Spread the cost by paying in easy monthly instalments.

Instant Cover

No need to wait for your documents. Our tradesman cover starts from the moment you purchase.

Added Protection

Public liability, products liability, financial loss, legal expenses and accidental death cover as standard.

* Total number of live policies as at 31/03/2022
£50 from
me to you.

When a friend you refer takes out a new policy, we’ll give £25 to them, and £25 to you.

Refer a friend

What Cover Do I Get With Personal Accident Insurance

The limits of cover you will get are:

Accidental Death£50,000
Permanent Total Disability£100,000
Permanent loss of sight in both eyes£50,000
Permanent loss of use of two limbs£50,000
Permanent loss of sight in one eye£25,000
Permanent loss of use of one limb£25,000
Permanent loss of speech£25,000
Permanent loss of hearing in both ears£25,000
Permanent loss of hearing in one ear£10,000
Permanent loss of use of:
A shoulder, elbow, hip, knee, thumb, wrist or ankle£10,000
Any finger or big toe£5000
Any other toe£1000
Hospitalisation (Maximum 45 days and after a minimum 24 hours)£100
Extended hospitalisation (for stays longer than 14 days)£1000
A major fracture of:
Upper leg; vertebral body; Pelvis; Skull£500
Vertebra other than vertebral body; lower leg; lower jaw; breastbone; shoulder blade; kneecap; upper arm; lower arm£250
Lower leg; hand (metacarpals); foot (metatarsals); clavicle; coccyx; wrist (carpals) and Colles’ fracture ankle (tarsals) & Pott’s fracture£100
Dislocation of:
Spine; back; hip£250
Knee; ankle; shoulder or collar bone; elbow; wrist£100
Any other joint£50

What Cover Do I Get With Short Term Income (sickness) Protection

In the event that you are unable to work as a result of accident or sickness, we will pay £250 Per Week or your gross weekly income — whichever is less, up to a maximum of 12 months.

What if i need extra cover?

Should the standard limits of cover not meet your requirements, please contact us to arrange a separate Personal Accident &/or Sickness policy.

Get a Quote

Personal Accident Insurance: Frequently Asked Questions

Why is personal accident insurance important?

There are various types of insurance available to businesses, but many owners will often overlook the cover that protects arguably the most important part of the company—themselves. Without investing in personal insurance cover, your entire business could be thrown into disarray if you suffer an injury which leaves you permanently unable to work as a result. This may also have a huge impact on your personal life, as the lack of income could mean you struggle to pay for things like the mortgage and household bills. Personal accident insurance protects you and your business from these potentially dire financial implications. As well as being used to keep your business on track, the lump sum payout could also fund any retraining required for you to take on a new job, or make any necessary alterations to your home if your accident has left you with a disability.

Is personal accident insurance more important when I’m self-employed?

If you’re not in conventional employment, you aren’t entitled to sick pay. This means you could experience serious financial difficulties if an accident leaves you unable to work. In fact, the majority of small business owners claim that they can’t afford to take time off work even if they need to. There’s no guarantee that any money you have saved will be enough to cover the expenses following an injury. Taking out personal accident insurance gives you a financial safety net, providing you with a lump sum when you no longer have a regular source of income.

How much personal accident insurance do I need?

The payout you receive depends specifically on the particular injury sustained after an accident. You’re covered for up to £10,000 if you’re left unable to use your limbs, and £200,000 for the most serious of injuries. Please refer to the table above to see the payout you’re entitled to for each injury.

Does personal accident insurance cover you overseas?

Our personal accident insurance protects you for any permanent injuries you suffer. These don’t need to occur within the workplace for you to receive payment. Wherever you are in the world, you’re always covered by Tradesman Saver.

*This indicative price is for £1m public and products liability, £250,000 legal expenses, £10,000 financial loss and £10,000 accidental death insurance cover for a sole trader. The price includes insurance premium tax but excludes our admin charge. 19% of new customers paid less than £59 between 1st January 2021 and 28th February 2021. The actual price you pay will depend upon your specific business requirements and will be affected by your trade, your claims history and the optional covers you select which are all priced separately during the quote process. This website is intended for customers based in the UK and is therefore subject to the UK regulatory regime(s) © Copyright 2022 Tradesman Saver | Tradesman Saver and Henry Seymour & Co. are trading names of Barkdene Limited which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FRN 303965) for our insurance distribution and credit broking activities. Barkdene Limited is a credit broker not a lender. You can check this on the Financial Services register.
Registered in England No 1842617. Registered Office – Chancery House, St Nicholas Way, Sutton, Surrey, SM1 1JB. All rights reserved.
You need to be logged in to Your Account to make a payment. Redirecting you to Account Login.