Unlicensed Electrician Is Fined $10,000 After Turning A Ceiling Fan Into A Death Trap

Posted on October 13, 2017
4.9 / 5 Based on 1015 Reviews
Read all reviews »
Share
Tweet
Share

An unlicensed electrician in Australia has been fined more than $10,000 after turning a ceiling fan into an electrified bobby trap.

After being hired to renovate a living room, Kawana Rothes George, 51, left the ceiling fan in an – uhhh… – more than unfit state. Using a counterfeit licence number on his certificate of compliance, George mislead his clients into believing he was a qualified and licensed electrician.

George pleaded guilty to multiple breaches of laws and admitted to not being properly qualified as an electrician when he was hired to install three ceiling fans. George had failed to ground any of the fans, meaning the slightest touch of their conductive parts would have resulted in electrocution.

The office of the Technical Regularly has urged anyone who has had worked performed by George to have their works immediately checked.

Source

Related:

Our Reviews

4.9 / 5 Based on 1015 Reviews
Read all reviews »
*Based on £1,000,000 public liability, £250,000 legal expenses & £10,000 accidental death cover for a sole trader © Copyright 2019 Tradesman Saver | Tradesman Saver is a product of Henry Seymour & Co (Barkdene Ltd) which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.Registered in England No 1842617 Insurance Brokers. All rights reserved.
Get a Quote