Get a quote
Home Landscape Gardener Insurance Lawn Mowing Business Insurance: Explained

Lawn Mowing Business Insurance: Explained

If you’re running a lawn mowing business, you’ll want to make sure that you have gardener’s liability insurance to protect you against unexpected losses. There are a number of different types of insurance that you should consider. The two main types are liability insurance and property insurance, although you should also consider legal expenses insurance and personal accident and sickness insurance.

Liability insurance

Liability insurance is a type of insurance that covers you if a compensation claim is made against you. It covers:

  • The compensation award
  • The claimant’s loss of wages if applicable
  • The legal costs incurred
  • Any other associated costs and expenses

In addition to covering these costs, your liability insurer will defend any compensation claims made against you on your behalf.

Employer’s liability insurance covers compensation claims made against you by your employees. It’s legally required if you employ anyone. Public liability insurance covers compensation claims made by anyone else. It is not a legal requirement, but as compensation claims can be extremely expensive to settle it would be unwise to consider trading without it.

UK-based call centre

Caring and knowledgeable staff ready to assist you

Property insurance

This type of insurance covers your business property against accidental damage or losses due to theft. A standard property insurance policy will cover your business property when it is at your business premises. A contract works policy is similar, but covers your business property when it is at a work site.

Legal expenses insurance

This covers you if you become involved in legal action. As well as covering the legal costs, your legal expenses insurer will also help you deal with the legal action.

Personal accident & sickness insurance

This protects you if you are unable to work because you are ill or you’ve been injured. It replaces your lost income so you don’t have to worry about how you’re going to pay your bills at the end of each month and can concentrate on your recovery instead.

A weekly benefit is paid while you’re off work. If you’re not going to be able to return to work because you’re permanently incapacitated, a lump sum is payable instead.

Legal expenses insurance

Legal expenses insurance covers you if you find yourself involved in legal action. Your legal expenses insurance will cover your legal costs and your legal expenses insurer will help you deal with the legal action to ensure the best possible outcome.

This website is intended for customers based in the UK and is therefore subject to the UK regulatory regime(s) © Copyright 2024 Tradesman Saver | Tradesman Saver and Henry Seymour & Co. are trading names of Barkdene Limited which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FRN 303965) for our insurance distribution and credit broking activities. Barkdene Limited is a credit broker not a lender. You can check our financial services registration status on the Financial Services register.
Registered in England No 1842617. Registered Office – Chancery House, St Nicholas Way, Sutton, Surrey, SM1 1JB. All rights reserved.
Back To Top
You need to be logged in to Your Account to make a payment. Redirecting you to Account Login.