Vermin Control Insurance pest control contractor

Pest & Vermin Control Insurance

Pest and vermin control insurance with public liability cover

Not on comparison sites — save money by coming direct to us

Quick Online Quote
“Quick, easy and a fraction of the cost quoted by my previous insurers.” Gary Wilson Read more reviews »

Public liability insurance is in place to protect you if your work happens to cause damage or injury to your client, a member of the public, or the property you’re working in. Handling pests and vermin means you’ll be working closely on a client’s property, whether this is a home or a business. Pests are also generally difficult to reach, hiding in ceilings or underneath floorboards. Therefore, you need to take extra care to ensure minimal damage is caused to your client’s property. On top of this, the use of harsh chemicals, gasses, and poisons are often used to exterminate vermin. Accidental spillages can damage the property, gasses can leak out, and harsh chemicals that aren’t correctly cleared can cause severe consequences. Any claims made against you and your business can leave you financially drained, but public liability insurance ensures you’re not responsible for paying for these consequences out of pocket. 

To ensure you receive the best possible cover for the most affordable price, you’ll find everything you may possibly need in your policy, including: 

    • Public & Products Liability up to £5 million
    • Employers Liability at £10 million
    • Contractors All Risks Insurance which provides cover for 
      • Contract Works
      • Owned Plant
      • Hired-in Plant
      • Employees’ Tools
    • Essential Legal Expenses at £100,000


Pest control insurance

What is pest and vermin control insurance?

Dealing with a pest problem professionally can be a major headache, with a number of potential risks that could wind up being more expensive than you thought. As such, having the right insurance policy in place protects you against any claims that may be made against you or your business, such as accidental damages made to a client’s house or, worse, an accident that left someone injured.

Why do you need pest and vermin control insurance?

We understand that handling pests and vermin can bring a range of problems and emergencies during each job. Whether this is due to harsh chemicals spilling on a client’s carpet, or you fall and injure yourself while removing a wasps nest from a ceiling, having the right insurance can save you from an expensive payout. At Tradesman Saver, our insurance protects you from any damage done to your client’s property, as well as any injuries sustained to you, your staff, or members of the public while you’re on the job. You should purchase an insurance policy before starting any pest and vermin control jobs, as you’ll be immediately covered. Holding your own insurance policy means you won’t need to rely on any contractors or third parties while giving you the exact cover you need.

Vermin Control Insurance pest control contractor

How our pest & vermin control insurance works

How much is pest and vermin control insurance?

The cost of your insurance is dependent on various factors, such as your experience, whether you work alone or in a team, and the size of your projects. The final cost will be determined once you know whether you need any additional cover beyond the standard policy. This can include employer’s liability insurance or personal accident insurance.

How long does pest and vermin control insurance last?

Most policies are valid for a year and can be renewed annually, depending on your business’s needs. In the event that any claims are made, you must be able to provide proof that you were covered by your insurance at the time. Therefore, it’s crucial that you keep hold of your insurance documents.

What additional insurance do I need for pest and vermin control?

If you have a business dealing in pest and vermin control, and employ a team of people, you need to hold employer’s liability insurance. This is a legal requirement if you have any employees. You may also consider adding personal accident insurance to your policy, which provides a payout if you find yourself unable to work due to an accident. The payout is used to keep you and your business afloat by replacing any lost income while you recover from your injury.

Our Reviews

4.9 / 5 Based on 1866 Reviews
Read all reviews »

Similar Trades We Cover

*This indicative price is for £1m public and products liability, £250,000 legal expenses, £10,000 financial loss and £10,000 accidental death insurance cover for a sole trader. The price includes insurance premium tax and our admin charge. 22% of new customers paid less than £59 between 1st January 2019 and 31st August 2019. The actual price you pay will depend upon your specific business requirements and will be affected by your trade, your claims history and the optional covers you select which are all priced separately during the quote process. This website is intended for customers based in the UK and is therefore subject to the UK regulatory regime(s) © Copyright 2021 Tradesman Saver | Tradesman Saver and Henry Seymour & Co. are trading names of Barkdene Limited which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FRN 303965) for our insurance distribution and credit broking activities. Barkdene Limited is a credit broker not a lender. You can check this on the Financial Services register
Registered in England No 1842617. Registered Office – Chancery House, St Nicholas Way, Sutton, Surrey, SM1 1JB. All rights reserved.
Get a Quote