Get a quote
Home Florist Insurance Insurance For Florists: Explained

Insurance For Florists: Explained

As a florist, you get to share in so many emotional highs and lows in people’s lives – weddings, funerals, big birthdays, that mad last-ditch by a husband for an anniversary arrangement for his wife.

However, one emotion you’re probably not too keen to experience is the anger of an unhappy customer or the sadness at the big hit your company has taken due to costly claim.

Keep your business blooming with public liability cover

Working in a florist, surrounded by beautiful blooms and plants can really put a smile on your face – so can seeing a lot of customers flock through the door. But sometimes the unforeseen can happen and that’s why it’s important to be prepared. Public liability covers you for any claims a customer or member of the public brings against you if they’re injured or have their property damaged due to your business. They could slip in your shop or be injured if one of your displays falls in them. If you’re doing flowers for a special occasion, you would also be covered for any accidents which may happen out and about. Publicly liability is also essential for florists who work freelance and primarily cater for events where they are in contact with large groups of people and there is risk of something unexpected happening.

Buildings & contents

If you rent your premises, your landlord may already have buildings insurance, but you may need cover for your own business and you’ll also need to cover your contents. This will insure the fixtures and fittings and other contents in your shop against damage by fire or flood. You can also get cover for office equipment such as computers, printers and photocopiers.

Stock insurance

A busy florist will have lots of flowers and plants stored away and they’ll need to be kept in optimum conditions. Considering they are probably more expensive than the other contents of your shop, it’s worth considering separate stock insurance to cover against the damage of your stock.

Business interruption

If your shop is damaged or you’re injured or fall ill aren’t able to run your florists business for an extended period, you may have to pull down the shutters. This can cut off your cashflow severely so businesses interruption insurance is there to help you out. It can provide a lump sum or regular income and can help with the cost of a temporary relocation should you require it.

Loss of money

Hopefully, as your business takes root and grows, the money will start sprouting too. If you regularly have to transport money to a bank or night safe, or keep it on your premises, loss of money cover can insure for just that if the cash is lost or stolen.

UK-based call centre

Caring and knowledgeable staff ready to assist you

Employer’s liability insurance

If you have anyone working for you, even if it’s only on a part-time basis, you’re legally required to have employer’s liability insurance. This will protect you if one of your employees is injured, falls ill, suffers loss or has their property damaged in the course of their day-to-day work and makes a claim against you.

Product liability insurance

Product liability insurance covers you against a claim that a product you have supplied has caused a customer injury or illness or has caused damage to their property.

Legal expenses insurance

Insurance for florist will also include assistance with legal expenses. Even if a claim against is eventually rejected, the cost of contesting it can still hit your business hard. Legal expenses insurance will help meet those costs and elevate the stress of defending yourself against a claim.

Visit: Flower shop insurance

This website is intended for customers based in the UK and is therefore subject to the UK regulatory regime(s) © Copyright 2024 Tradesman Saver | Tradesman Saver and Henry Seymour & Co. are trading names of Barkdene Limited which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FRN 303965) for our insurance distribution and credit broking activities. Barkdene Limited is a credit broker not a lender. You can check our financial services registration status on the Financial Services register.
Registered in England No 1842617. Registered Office – Chancery House, St Nicholas Way, Sutton, Surrey, SM1 1JB. All rights reserved.
Back To Top
You need to be logged in to Your Account to make a payment. Redirecting you to Account Login.