What is Dry Liner’s Insurance?


Anyone involved in dry lining faces a number of risks. There’s the risk that their employees and members of the public could claim compensation from them if they do something that results in an injury or property damage. There is the risk that the dry liner’s own property, including tools, equipment and materials, could be damaged or stolen. An accident or illness could mean they lose wages through being unable to work.

Save £££ on your insurance

Customers are always telling us how much they saved by switching
Get a Quote

Whatever the risk, there’s a chance that it’ll lead to unexpected business costs. With dry liner’s insurance you don’t need to worry about those business costs because you have the peace of mind of knowing that the insurance policy will deal with the costs if they arise. So, what insurance does a dry liner need?

Liability insurance

If an employee or a member of the public is injured or their property is damaged, they may decide to make a compensation claim against you if they feel that their injury or the damage to their property was your fault.

Compensation claims can be expensive. A claim for a serious injury could cost more than £250,000 by the time the legal costs have been factored in. They can also be difficult to deal with because often complex legal issues are involved.

Employer’s liability insurance covers compensation claims made by your employees. You’re legally required to have this insurance if you employ anyone, even your employees are only employed on a temporary or casual basis.

Public and products liability insurance covers compensation claims made by members of the public. It’s important to make sure that your products and  liability insurance contains a financial loss extension because some public and products liability insurance policies only cover claims arising from injuries and damage and don’t cover claims for purely economic losses.

Property insurance

There is a risk of accidental damage to your property, or the chance that your property could be stolen. It’s important that you make sure you have property insurance to cover your property, as well as any hired-in property for which you are responsible.

As much of your work will be carried out on site, it’s also important that you have contract works insurance. Not only does this cover your tools, equipment and materials on site, but it also covers the work in progress.

Other types of insurance

Motor insurance is a legal requirement if you use a vehicle anywhere that the public can access. Comprehensive motor insurance is more expensive but covers damage to your own vehicle, as well as damage to third-party vehicles. Third party, fire and theft motor insurance is cheaper, but only covers damage to your own vehicle if the damage is caused by fire or theft.

Personal accident insurance replaces your lost income if you’re unable to work due to an injury or an illness. A weekly benefit is payable during temporary absences and a lump sum is payable if your incapacitation will be permanent.

Legal expenses insurance covers your legal fees in the event that legal action is taken against you. You could be facing a tax/VAT inspection. You might be involved in a dispute with a client. An employee could be taking you to a tribunal because they feel that they were unfairly dismissed. And well as covering your legal fees, your legal expenses insurer will also help you deal with the legal action.

Dry Liner's insurance at hard to beat rates

Get A Quote

Related Articles:

Our Reviews

4.9 / 5 Based on 1802 Reviews
Read all reviews »
*This indicative price is for £1m public and products liability, £250,000 legal expenses, £10,000 financial loss and £10,000 accidental death insurance cover for a sole trader. The price includes insurance premium tax and our admin charge. 22% of new customers paid less than £59 between 1st January 2019 and 31st August 2019. The actual price you pay will depend upon your specific business requirements and will be affected by your trade, your claims history and the optional covers you select which are all priced separately during the quote process. This website is intended for customers based in the UK and is therefore subject to the UK regulatory regime(s) © Copyright 2021 Tradesman Saver | Tradesman Saver and Henry Seymour & Co. are trading names of Barkdene Limited which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FRN 303965) for our insurance distribution and credit broking activities. Barkdene Limited is a credit broker not a lender. You can check this on the Financial Services register https://register.fca.org.uk/.
Registered in England No 1842617. Registered Office – Chancery House, St Nicholas Way, Sutton, Surrey, SM1 1JB. All rights reserved.
Get a Quote