contract works site with contract tools and plant

Contract Works Insurance

Contract works insurance at a price you can afford including:

  • Public Liability
  • Financial Loss
  • Products Liability
  • Legal Expenses
  • Accidental Death
Get A Quote
4.9 / 5 Based on 1051 Reviews
Read all reviews »

Working on a construction site can be stressful as it is. With so many things to consider and keep on schedule, it can be a minefield just seeing a project through to completion. But imagine on top of all that stress, that a fire were to break out and ruin all the hard work you’d spent months on. What would you do? How would you carry on when your client refuses to pay again for an accident that wasn’t their fault?

Why do you need contract works insurance?

This is where contract works cover could be your greatest ally. Designed for builders and other tradesman that might work on a construction site, contract works covers all the work you’re carrying out on the site, protecting your work from all manner of unforeseen disasters including fire, flood, storm, vandalism or even theft. This protects your business from footing the bill from an accident or natural disaster, and ensures that you can carry on work as smoothly as possible, keeping things running on schedule and your clients happy.

Our contract works insurance can only be bought as part of one of our public liability policies, and cannot be sold separately.

Get a Quote »

Why Us?

Online & Anywhere

We like to keep things simple. Your quote, purchase and documents are all available online, anytime.

Instant Cover

No need to wait for your documents. Our tradesman cover starts from the moment you purchase.

Added Protection

Public liability, products liability, financial loss, legal expenses and accidental death cover as standard.

Monthly Instalments

Cashflow is important to every business. Spread the cost by paying in easy monthly instalments.

There are many insurance options which would benefit your contract works business, and public liability is one of the most significant. This protects you if your work ends up damaging a client’s property or injuring a client or member of the public. For example, you may need to pay compensation if a client trips over your tools and is injured or you accidentally damage a customer’s carpet with your muddy work boots.

Claims such as this can cost a small fortune but having public liability cover means you won’t be responsible for paying any of the resulting expenses. You can purchase this as part of our automatic package, which also covers you for financial loss, legal expenses, and more.

Other relevant insurance policies for a contract works business include employer’s liability, which is a legal requirement for anybody who employs staff, and professional indemnity insurance.  Here at Tradesman Saver we have all the coverage you may need as a contract worker and you can get your quote online in minutes.

Get a Quote »Learn about Public Liability

The Limits Of Contract Works Insurance: What Do You Get?

We offer varying levels of cover to suit the highest value of the contracts you might be working on, from £50,000 to £500,000. Our cover includes:

  • Construction plant, tools & equipment starting from £5,000 up to £75,000
  • Your own plant value starting from £5,000 up to £25,000
  • Temporary buildings starting from £5,000 up to £20,000
  • Hired-in plant annual fees starting from £2,500 up to £50,000
  • Hired-in plant value of up to £50,000 for any one item

The maximum contract period for our policy is 12 months and the maximum maintenance guarantee period is 12 months. If you require cover higher than our above limits, please contact us directly and we will be more than happy to arrange the cover you need.

Please note, contract works insurance doesn’t cover the existing structure that is already on site. For example, if you were to be building an extension and there was a fire at the property, your cover would cover the cost of repairing the extension in progress, but wouldn’t cover the damage to the rest of the house – this would need to be covered by your customer’s home insurance.

silhouette all risks insurance | Tradesman Saver

Why do I need contract works insurance?

If you work on a construction site, contract works is especially important as it protects the property you are working on against damage caused by fire, flood, storm, vandalism or theft. If your customer holds you responsible for unfinished work, contract works insurance is absolutely imperative to pay to repair or re-do the work that’s in progress if it’s damaged.

Why do you need to know my turnover on the online form?

Our policy is rated on turnover, so the higher your business’ turnover, the more you’ll pay for your contract works insurance. This is because bigger businesses present more of a risk to an insurer, so the costs of their insurance need to be increased in order to accommodate for this added risk.

What are the contract works limits that I can choose from?

We have various levels of cover from £50,000 to £500,000. Should you require any more cover than this, please contact us directly to arrange your cover. 

Will the policy cover continuing hiring charges?

Yes, we will. The maximum we’ll pay is the equivalent to 90 days’ worth of hiring charges. 

What is the maximum contract period under the policy?

Our maximum contract period is 12 months. Should your contract last longer than 12 months, please contact us directly and we’ll be able to arrange the cover you need.

Our Reviews

4.9 / 5 Based on 1051 Reviews
Read all reviews »

Similar Trades We Cover

*Based on £1,000,000 public liability, £250,000 legal expenses & £10,000 accidental death cover for a sole trader © Copyright 2019 Tradesman Saver | Tradesman Saver is a product of Henry Seymour & Co (Barkdene Ltd) which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.Registered in England No 1842617 Insurance Brokers. All rights reserved.
Get a Quote