Get A Quote
catering contractor serving canapes at an event

Catering Insurance

Liability insurance for caterers, starting at less than £59* per year

Not on comparison sites — save money by coming direct to us

Quick Online Quote
Home » Catering Insurance

Tradesman Saver’s Public Liability Cover For Caterers

Our standard cover is:

  • Up to £5 million cover for public and products liability
  • £10,000 cover for any financial loss (£50K cover optional)
  • Worldwide liability cover for temporary work abroad for up to 14 days (excluding the USA and Canada)

When you’re looking to insure your catering business, a public liability policy should be the main priority. This protects you in the event that a customer is injured or falls ill, or their property is damaged as a direct result of your business. 

At Tradesman Saver, our standard policy provide up to £5 million public liability cover for the financial costs. This protects against things like customers falling ill from poorly prepared food, accidentally spilling a hot drink, or even causing a spillage that someone slips on.

Caterers should also look at other types of coverage, such as employers liability insurance, which is a legal requirement if you hire any staff. You may also choose to take out a product liability insurance policy for your catering equipment, in case of any malfunctions or breakdowns.


Get a Quote  Learn about Public Liability

What’s included with our Automatic Cover

Van Insurance New Quote Continue Quote

How our catering insurance works

1 Apply Online

Complete our simple quote form with basic details about your business

2 Get a Quote

Get an instant quote & choose any optional covers you may need

3 You’re insured!

Instantly activate your Tradesman Saver policy and view your certificates online

What is caterers insurance?

Our liability insurance offers catering companies the right coverage to protect their business and livelihood. At Tradesman Saver, we understand you may need insurance to cover a number of different aspects of your business, including public liability insurance and legal expenses. This is why our basic package includes everything you need so that no matter what happens, your catering business is protected.

Why do you need caterers insurance?

Whether you’re a restaurateur or a mobile caterer for events, having the right insurance is crucial. As a caterer, you’re constantly interacting with members of the public, and could be left open to a costly claim in the event of an accident or if someone falls ill. You need to ensure that all food you serve is cooked and properly prepared, with any allergen information clearly labelled and explained. However, even the most careful businesses can get stung. This is why it’s best to be prepared for the worst case scenario. You can easily build an insurance policy that’s perfect for your business’s needs with Tradesman Saver—simply fill out our online form to get started.

Get a Quote

Chosen by over 5000 businesses and counting *

Online & Anywhere

We like to keep things simple. Your quote, purchase and documents are all available online, anytime.

Monthly Instalments

Cashflow is important to every business. Spread the cost by paying in easy monthly instalments.

Instant Cover

No need to wait for your documents. Our tradesman cover starts from the moment you purchase.

Added Protection

Public liability, products liability, financial loss, legal expenses and accidental death cover as standard.

* Total number of live policies as at 31/03/2022
£50 from
me to you.

When a friend you refer takes out a new policy, we’ll give £25 to them, and £25 to you.

Refer a friend

Caterers Insurance: Frequently Asked Questions

Does home insurance cover me as a caterer?

Your home insurance may well cover certain items you use as a caterer, but this is unlikely to extend outside your home. Home insurance also doesn’t cover you for public liability or employers’ liability, which you will need to safeguard your business against unexpected accidents.

Does catering insurance cover me for alcohol?

At Tradesman Saver we do not cover vendors like pop-up bars. If your catering company serves alcohol alongside your food provisions, you will be covered under our catering insurance policy. However, Tradesman Saver does not cover loss of licence under this policy.

What information do I need to provide for catering insurance?

For catering insurance with Tradesman Saver, you will need to provide basic information such as your name, address, and a few key details about your business. This includes the size of your operation and information about your annual turnover and employees. We will also need to know about any previous claims made against your business.

*This indicative price is for £1m public and products liability, £250,000 legal expenses, £10,000 financial loss and £10,000 accidental death insurance cover for a sole trader. The price includes insurance premium tax but excludes our admin charge. 19% of new customers paid less than £59 between 1st January 2021 and 28th February 2021. The actual price you pay will depend upon your specific business requirements and will be affected by your trade, your claims history and the optional covers you select which are all priced separately during the quote process. This website is intended for customers based in the UK and is therefore subject to the UK regulatory regime(s) © Copyright 2022 Tradesman Saver | Tradesman Saver and Henry Seymour & Co. are trading names of Barkdene Limited which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FRN 303965) for our insurance distribution and credit broking activities. Barkdene Limited is a credit broker not a lender. You can check this on the Financial Services register.
Registered in England No 1842617. Registered Office – Chancery House, St Nicholas Way, Sutton, Surrey, SM1 1JB. All rights reserved.
You need to be logged in to Your Account to make a payment. Redirecting you to Account Login.