Tradesman Saver’s Public Liability Cover For Builders
Our standard cover is:
- Up to £5 million cover for public and products liability
- £10,000 cover for any financial loss (£50K cover optional)
- Worldwide liability cover for temporary work abroad for up to 14 days (excluding the USA and Canada)
When you’re on the hunt for builder’s insurance, the first thing you’re likely to consider is public liability insurance, which is the core part of any home builders insurance policy. Simply put, it covers any claims made against you by third parties, or their property, for any injury or damage caused as a result of your business activities. This makes it a fundamental cover for any builder.
Our standard cover includes all of our five automatic covers. The chief of these is builder’s public liability insurance. This protects against incidents such as flood damage from nailing through a pipe, accidentally damaging a neighbour’s wall while working on a property, or a member of the public tripping over your cables, rubble or supplies on site or on public footpaths. Products liability insurance protects you from any claims arising out of a product you’ve sold or supplied. It will also help cover any incurred legal expenses that result from an accident.
There are also other forms of liability insurance worth considering. For instance, employers’ liability insurance is a legal requirement if you employ anyone; professional indemnity insurance covers you for claims of professional negligence; Contractor’s all risks insurance is a very useful insurance that covers ongoing work on a construction site; and tool and equipment insurance might be worth considering for your particular building business.
How our builders insurance works
Complete our simple quote form with basic details about your business
Get a Quote
Get an instant quote & choose any optional covers you may need
Instantly activate your Tradesman Saver policy and view your certificates online
What is builders insurance?
Builders liability insurance gives companies the right cover to protect their business. The elite builders insurance packages from Tradesman Saver contain everything you could possibly need, including covers such as public liability insurance and even free legal expenses insurance. This ensures that, no matter what happens, your business is protected for any accidents which occur onsite and off.
Why do you need builders insurance?
Adequate builder’s insurance for the scope and risk associated with your work is essential. It gives you peace of mind and the confidence to go ahead with work without worrying about having to pay claims. There are many plans to choose from, and with a little research builders can easily avail a policy that gives them the best mix of monthly premiums and cover.
On top of balancing invoices, ordering in supplies and managing your accounts, you sometimes have to contend with the unfortunate reality of an accident affecting you or your staff whilst on the job. Applying for a tailored home builders insurance policy can make your life a great deal easier, not to mention safer, and we keep the cost of our home builders insurance low because peace of mind shouldn’t break the bank. To build a unique builders insurance quote to suit your needs, fill out our online form for insurance that works as hard as you do.
Builder’s insurance also benefits construction business owners and contractors in many ways. Customers are more likely to hire a business that is insured because it indicates that the owner takes work seriously and can be trusted.
Online & Anywhere
We like to keep things simple. Your quote, purchase & documents are all available online, anytime.
No need to wait for your documents. You’re covered from the moment you purchase.
Public Liability, products liability, financial legal expenses and accidental death cover as standard.
Cashflow is important to every business. Spread the cost & pay in easy, monthly instalments.
Builders Insurance: Frequently Asked Questions
What types of insurance can builders typically choose from?
Builders can choose from the following insurance types:
- Builders public liability Insurance – This insurance protects builders from liability claims made by clients and members of the public who may have suffered an injury or damage to property because of a construction business
- Financial loss insurance – Often provided free along with public liability, this cover protects against public claims of financial loss not arising from injury or property damage.
- Product liability insurance – This insurance provides cover against claims of personal injury or property damage from products made or supplied by you
- Legal expenses insurance – This insurance covers costs related to compensation awards, employment disputes, compliance, tax investigations, etc
- Employer’s liability Insurance – This insurance takes care of expenses arising from claims related to employee injury or death. This insurance is a legal requirement if you employ staff in your business, and failure to have this cover can result in stiff fines
- Tools and equipment Insurance – This insurance covers the costs related to damage or theft of tools and equipment
- Professional indemnity Insurance – This insurance is a buffer against claims of professional negligence. It’s particularly useful for builders providing services to other businesses
- Contractor’s all risks insurance – This is a very useful insurance that covers ongoing work on a construction site
- Personal accident & sickness insurance – This insurance is meant for construction business owners. It provides cover for costs that arise from the inability to work full-time after an injury or illness
What does builders insurance cover?
Home builders insurance isn’t one single thing. Instead, our cover spans across a number of key insurance policies, which we package under this wider label. At Tradesman Saver, we include products and public liability, financial loss, accidental death and legal expenses cover as standard in all of our builders insurance policies. We also provide optional cover for employers liability, protection for tools and equipment, personal accident, professional indemnity and contractors all risks.
How long does builders insurance last?
The majority of builders liability insurance policies are taken out on a twelve-month basis, and can be renewed annually. Customers will be able to make a claim for any damages or injuries at any point, though, as long as they can prove that their policy was valid at the time of the incident in question.
What information do I need to provide for builders insurance?
You will need to provide basic details such as your name, address and what kind of work you are engaged in. An insurer will also want to know the size of your operation, so you will be required to supply details of your annual turnover and how many people you have working for you. Insurers will also ask for details of any previous claims so it’s always worth having these to hand.
Quick and easy every thing done and cover starting immediately very happy
Friendly , efficient online system to use and price quoted was very good.
So quick and easy to use, would definitely recommend