UK leaders in insurance for tradesmen and professionals. *Based on £1,000,000 public liability, £250,000 legal expenses & £10,000 accidental death cover for a sole trader
Designed to meet the needs of trade businesses and freelance professionals across the UK
Get Your Legal Expenses Insurance: FREE With Every Policy
Legal expenses is standard
We include legal expenses cover of £250,000 on every policy to give you all-round protection.
24-hour legal helpline
No need to wait until working hours to get help. Get on the phone with our legal experts 24/7.
Online legal services
Find a wealth of legal resources. Download legal document templates at the click of a button.
Tax & VAT investigations
In a crisis with the taxman? Get help with tax & VAT investigations, included as part of your cover.
The Tradesman Insurance Specialists
Using our wealth of experience in the industry, we’re helping small businesses all over the UK get the right policy to suit their needs. And with legal expenses insurance and accidental death cover included for free on all our insurance policies, along with a host of other exclusive liability covers such as products liability insurance and employer’s liability insurance, we’re fast becoming one of the UK’s most trusted providers of insurance for the sector.
Our cheap, no-fuss trade insurance is perfect for self-employed tradesmen, sole traders and professionals alike. And, with some of the lowest rates on the market, we’re even able to help medium to large-scale construction companies get a great deal on their insurance too.
But why take our word for it? Get your insurance quote and buy online in minutes for instant cover from the moment you buy. No confusion, no fuss – just quality insurance that works as hard as you do.
Can't fault the cost. No other company could offer the same level of cover for the price.Chris Doyle
Very easy site to use and very competitive. Friendly all from the administration staff after on line quote . All in all pleased at the service so far.Dermot Devlin
Liability Insurance UK from Tradesman Saver
Here at Tradesman Saver, we know how important it is to be protected when the worst happens. That’s why our comprehensive insurance policies include all the liability covers that you could possibly need to make sure you have everything you need, when you need it most.
Some of our liability covers include:
- Public liability insurance – this covers injuries to third parties or damage to their property. It’s the backbone of all tradesman insurance policies. Read up more about it in the section below
- Products liability insurance – this covers injuries to third parties as a result of a product you’ve supplied or installed. Although not typically included on most tradesman insurance policies, we include this liability cover for free on all our insurance policies
- Employer’s liability insurance – this covers injuries to your employees whilst on the job. It’s a legal requirement for every employer to have this type of insurance, regardless of whether you’re hiring permanent or temporary workers
- Professional indemnity insurance – this covers claims of professional negligence. It covers things like financial loss due to bad advice, which is imperative if you provide consultations
- Financial loss insurance – this covers you against financial loss to a third party that isn’t a direct consequence of accidental physical loss of, or damage to, material property. It’s most important in claims where there is no injury or damage
Online & anywhere
We like to keep things simple. Your quote, purchase & documents are all available online, anytime.
Cover is instant
No need to wait for your documents. You're covered from the moment you purchase.
Products liability, legal expenses and accidental death cover as standard on every policy.
Cashflow is important to every business. Spread the cost & pay in easy, monthly instalments.
Public Liability Insurance UK (PLI)
When you’re looking for insurance, simply picking the cheapest quote you can find seems like it might be the easiest option. However, it’s important to remember that, when it comes to insurance, not all policies are created equal. To get the right policy for you, it helps to know a little more about the covers included in the policy you’re thinking about taking out.
If you’ve been looking for insurance for a little while, you may have heard the term “public liability insurance” or “PL insurance” being thrown around a lot. But what is it, and what do you need to know about it?
Simply put, it’s the backbone of your tradesman insurance policy. It covers a whole myriad of claims involving injury to third parties or damage to their property and can protect you against claims made by both your clients and members of the public.
But, while every tradesman insurance policy worth its salt will include it as standard, it’s the limits of indemnity that you really have to watch out for. The limits of indemnity determine how much is the maximum amount for one claim that your insurer will cover and making sure you have the right limit of indemnity on your policy is absolutely crucial in avoiding issues later.
Here at Tradesman Saver, we include a standard indemnity limit of up to £5 million for both public and products liability insurance, as well as £10,000 financial loss cover and worldwide liability cover for temporary work abroad for up to 14 days (excluding the USA and Canada).